· Stella Wong has won a full scholarship from Hong Kong Jockey Club Music and Dance Fund for her Master degree of Music in Piano Performance from Indiana University (Bloomington, U.S.A.). Before that, she got the Bachelor Degree of Arts (Music), with first class honors, from The Chinese University of Hong Kong.
· She studied with Distinguished Professor Menahem Pressler (founder of Beaux Arts Trio) from Indiana University, who is the direct 5th generation descendent from Beethoven and descendent from Franz Liszt and Carl Czerny. (Please refer to the attached Pedigree). Her other main teachers include Dr. Mary Wu, Ms. Nancy Loo and Mr. Chan Siu Fun.
· She has performed in Moscow Conservatory International Summer School, Adamant Music School and International Keyboard Institute & Festival in New York during summer. There she has learnt from some world-renowned teachers, including Victor Rosabaum, Jerome Rose, Mikhail Olenyev and Jenny Zakharyeva etc.
· Besides music scholarship from Hong Kong Jockey Club Music and Dance Fund, some of her other awards include Sir Edward Youde Memorial Scholarship, Kunkle and Pommerende Grand Scholarship, C. F. Hu Postgraduate Memorial Scholarship, Indiana University Scholarship, Bernard Van Zuiden Music Prize, S.C. Leung Music Prize, Lord Fulton Memorial Prize, Bank of East Asia Golden Jubilee Scholarship and Academic Creativity Award.
· She is a specialist on topics of piano pedagogy and she often gives lectures/guest lectures and workshops in different universities/schools, including The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong University School of Professional and Continuing Education, School of Continuing and Professional Studies of The Chinese University of Hong Kong, The Education University of Hong Kong, as well as The Hong Kong International Institute of Music.
· She has also been invited to act a jury member for piano examinations in universities as well as to serve as an adjudicator in many prestigious piano competitions, including the Hong Kong Children and Youth Piano Contest, Hong Kong International Youth Performance Arts Festival, and Hong Kong Music Competition, Joint School Music Competition, and Purcell International Competition for Young Pianists, among others.
· She is currently a piano instructor in The Education University of Hong Kong and she is maintaining a private studio devoting to teach the young people, and train current piano teachers to enhance their skills and quality of teaching as well as to help them achieve higher levels of teaching qualifications. Under her tutelage, many of her students have made excellent achievements. Some have won prizes in big piano competitions or have attended further education abroad, e.g. University of Cambridge and Northern College of Music of UK, among others. Some have got instrumental award or have become music scholars/exhibitioners from worldwide renowned universities/schools, including Cambridge University, Winchester College, Tonbridge School, Downe House, Whitgift School of UK etc. She is also in great demand as an accompanist.
· She is currently the chairman of Hong Kong International Piano Pedagogy Association.
· Stella早年於香港中文大學主修音樂，獲一等榮譽畢業,其後她獲香港賽馬會音樂及舞蹈基金獎學金全數贊助學費及生活費，遠赴美國印弟安納大學修讀,考獲鋼琴演奏音樂碩士, 並師從世界著名鋼琴家 Menahem Pressler(Beaux Art Trio 創辦人)。Menahem Pressler是貝多芬的直接第五代弟子, 也是Franz Liszt 及Carl Czerny 的門下弟子。她的其他主要老師包括吳美樂博士、羅乃新女士、及陳兆勳先生。
· 她曾於莫斯科音樂學院、Adamant音樂學校、及紐約的International Keyboard Institute & Festival參與表演，並受指導於世界著名鋼琴家Victor Rosabaum, Jerome Rose, Mikhail Olenyev 及Jenny Zakharyeva等等。
· 她現時致力於鋼琴教學及伴奏，栽培不少青少年人才，她的學生曾於多個大型鋼琴比賽中赢得獎項,及於多間世界知名學府考獲音樂獎學金,包括 University of Cambridge, Winchester College, Tonbridge School, Downe House, Whitgift School等等。她亦有不少學生考入外國知名音樂學院修讀，如 Royal Northern College of Music (UK), 或考入香港大學、香港中文大學、浸會大學音樂系及香港演藝學院。她並經常指導現任的鋼琴老師，提昇他/她們的技能、教學質素及鋼琴資歷。